About Fab@School Maker Studio
Fab@School Maker Studio is an easy-to-use, web-based design and fabrication tool that invites students in grades PreK-8 to experience STEM and STEAM learning in a more engaging, personally meaningful way. With low-cost materials like paper, cardstock or cardboard and a wide range of tools from scissors to inexpensive 2D cutters, 3D printers and laser cutters, students can use Fab@School Maker Studio to design, invent, and build their own geometric constructions and working machines. This program is a part of the national Fab@School research initiative and is committed to championing equity and access to quality maker education.
Here is a sampling of the many projects you can create with Fab@School Maker Studio:
Discover Fab@School Maker Studio, an easy way to engage young engineers!
- Explore STEAM (STEM + Arts) as students make to learn.
- Create machines, 3D models, pop-ups, and more.
- Enjoy an accessible solution to digital design and fabrication.
- Provide an easy introduction to the engineering process.
- Benefit from 24/7 access to a web-based platform (compatible with Mac, Windows, iPad, Chromebooks, and other mobile devices).
- Use with confidence - Fab@School Maker Studio is a research-based tool, developed in collaboration with the University of Virginia and Reynolds Center TLC as part of the Fab@School Consortium which also includes the Smithsonian, Princeton, Hofstra, and SITE. It has been funded with generous support from the Cisco Foundation, US DOE, NSF, MacArthur Foundation, Noyce Foundation, and the Motorola Foundation.
Fab@School Maker Studio is the first digital design and fabrication software designed specifically for the classroom.
Envision a classroom where students are actually working as engineers: a classroom where students imagine, invent, design, test, and collaborate to solve compelling problems. Picture a classroom where creativity flourishes, mistakes are part of the learning process, and students discover for themselves what works and what does not. Imagine a classroom where students walk away from lessons with working machines, pop-ups, or other 3D objects they designed and created themselves. This is the Fab@School classroom.
- Start with Step by Step and Ready-Made Projects — or imagine and invent from scratch.
- Create and design with friendly yet powerful tools.
- Enjoy projects that range from simple to sophisticated: 2D Stuff, Pop-ups, and 3D Stuff.
- Cut out designs by hand with scissors or use easy and inexpensive digital fabricators.
- Access standards-based activities and resources.
- Discover a practical alternative to expensive mechanical die cutters.
If you have questions or need a quote for a specific number of student users, classroom, school, or district-wide pricing,
please call us at 888-240-3734 or email Orders@FableVisionLearning.com.