Stationery Studio Frequently Asked Questions
When I run Stationery Studio on Mac, I encounter a warning that it can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
It is necessary to set your permissions to allow FableVision Learning software to run on your computer. In order to do this, open System Preferences, click on Security & Privacy, and then on the bottom where it says "Allow Apps Downloaded From:" select Anywhere.
How do I install Stationery Studio over a network?
For instructions on installing Stationery Studio over a network, please download this file: Stationery Studio Network Installation.pdf
Why are dotted or dashed lines printing as solid lines?
If you are using a Windows platform, go to the File menu, select Printer Preferences, and you will get a dialog box. Check off 'always print as bitmap' on the options available. If this does not solve the problem, please download the patch below.
Stationery Studio 1.2.1 Patch
Downloading this update will allow you to print dotted lines, and also ensures that you have the most up-to-date code for Stationery Studio.
IMPORTANT: Please read the download instructions BEFORE downloading the patch. Click here to download a PDF of the instructions.
I'm having difficulty printing from the program to my desktop or network printer.
The driver for each printer used needs to be loaded onto the computer itself. After you install the correct driver for the correct printer, restart your computer and test to see if it works. This will help with printing issues such as:
- Template not printing at all
- Some part of the Stationery Studio page does not print correctly, i.e lines, dashes, graphics etc.
- The document does not fit correctly on an 8 1/2 x 11 page
Why do I have a black image printed instead of the Shapes?
If you are using the Windows platform, on each computer that is printing a black image instead of a shape, go to the File menu, select Printer Preferences, and you will get a dialog box. Check off 'always print as bitmap' on the options available.
How do I paste photos/clipart on a PC?
When using the Windows platform, integrating pictures takes one more step than the one described in page 18. Copy the image and paste first into Microsoft Word, then copy it (from the Word document) and paste it into Stationery Studio. Also, Stationery Studio does not support images of more than 256 colors. So the resolution of photographs integrated in a Stationery Studio document may be pixellated but it works perfectly with clip art or other simple drawings.
Stationery Studio was not installed completely on MAC OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
Some features of Stationery Studio are not compatible with OS X El Capitan. The program will still function on your computer, but there will be fonts missing. You can install the fonts manually by following these easy instructions:
- After installing Stationery Studio, locate and open the StSt_CollectionDLX_Mac folder.
- Open the FableVision folder, and then the Stationery Studio folder. This folder contains the Let's Get Writing .pdf file and the icon for the Stationery Studio application.
- Right-click or Control-click the Stationery Studio icon and select Show Package Contents.
- Open the Contents folder and then the Stationery Extras folder.
- There will be a .ffil file titled Stationery Studio Fonts. Double-click this file and a multitude of windows should open through FontBook. Choose one of the windows and click Install Font.
- A window titled Font Validation will open. Select the checkbox next to Stationery Studio Fonts and then click Install Checked. You can close all of the other FontBook windows.
- Start Stationery Studio. You will now be able to use every feature of Stationery Studio on Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
Need assistance with a technical issue?
We're eager to resolve it so you can enjoy our software! Please submit the issue you are experiencing at our Technical Support page. Filling out the required information ensures that you will receive a quick and helpful response from our team. You'll hear back from us soon!