For installing Big Screen Books on Windows 8 or 10 please click here.
The Dot and Ish Interactive Version Overview
Dive into your favorite books by Peter H. Reynolds! On any computer or interactive whiteboard, The Dot Interactive Edition and Ish Interactive Edition let students explore and interact with Peter H. Reynolds' esteemed books. With optional narration by Peter and a special "Meet the Author" video, these programs are like having a virtual author visit from Peter!
- Boosts reading comprehension.
- Fosters a deeper understanding of plot and themes.
- Enhances the reading experience with teacher settings, optional narration from Peter, a recording tool, discussion prompts, a built-in glossary, and activities.
- Includes a Virtual Author Visit from Peter H. Reynolds.
On any whiteboard or computer screen, The Dot Interactive Edition and Ish Interactive Edition offer K-5 students a unique reading experience, promoting exploration far beyond the pages of the book itself. Includes:
- Large, stunning visuals of book pages.
- Ability to read with or without story text, narration, and text highlighting.
- Audio recording tool for capturing students’ voices while reading.
- Discussion prompts, with tools to add your own text, links, or images.
- Glossary of selected words from the text, with the option to highlight while reading.
- Playful "Pick-A-Student" feature that randomly selects student readers.
Included activities promote further understanding and exploration:
- Tale Twister helps students learn sequencing, offering three levels of difficulty.
- Story Starter provides creative writing prompts. You can also add your own!
- Meet the Author Video: Students get to know Peter H. Reynolds and his creative philosophy.
Beloved in classrooms around the world, The Dot tells the story of a girl who begins a journey of self-discovery after she is challenged by her teacher to “make her mark.” The interactive edition of The Dot makes the story larger than life, offering students new opportunities to explore the importance of being brave, nurturing creativity, and encouraging others.
"Big Screen Books shares stories that promote bravery, empathy, vision, patience, and creativity. When you remind students of these ‘gifts’ in their ‘journey backpacks,’ they can succeed not only in school, but in life."
— Peter H. Reynolds, Creator & New York Times Best-Selling Author/Illustrator
Every September 15th, millision of educators and students celebrate International Dot Day in honor of The Dot's publication date. Find out more about International Dot Day and see how others have participated!
In this sequel to The Dot, a creative spirit learns that thinking "ish-ly" is far more wonderful than "getting it right."
Drawing is what Ramon does. It's what makes him happy. But in one split second, all that changes. A single reckless remark by Ramon's older brother, Leon, turns Ramon's carefree sketches into joyless struggles.
Luckily for Ramon, though, his little sister, Marisol, sees the world differently. She opens his eyes to something a lot more valuable than getting things just "right."
Combining the spareness of fable with the potency of parable, Peter H. Reynolds shines a bright beam of light on the need to kindle and tend our creative flames with care.